Siblings are a blessing, no matter how late in life that becomes evident. It can be agreed, however, that nothing quite surpasses the bond between sisters.
As an older sister, the joys and pains of having a little sister are experienced universally. Time passes and you can look back at all the times you were glad that you had that little bundle of sunshine to keep you on your toes for all the best years.
1. You are the first one to enjoy personal phones and laptops, but you HAVE to share them
Yet you’re the boss of how and when your sibling spends time on YOUR devices, and all that that poor kid can do is pout and cry about how those gadgets are “family property”.
2. They make you feel motherly.
As younger children, your little sister probably provided you with your first motherly experiences. Like making sure she gets out of bed on time and prepares for school without stealing the shower for too long.
When you go out, it usually happens that you get dumped with the responsibility of looking after her. No matter how much of a burden this happens to be sometimes, you realize eventually that you wish you’d actually enjoyed this sisterly bonding time.
3. You have to bribe them into NOT telling mom who you were talking to all night
And they totally know how to bargain! :/
4. She makes you realize that you’ve grown up.
She is having a tantrum, calling everything unfair and is suffering from major little girl problems. She makes you wonder, “Oh my goodness, was I her once?” Of course siblings tend to be quite unique from each other, however it might occur to you that you were once much more alike than you could ever have imagined, and it is a quiet indication that you have now grown up.
And let’s not forget the late nights when your sister got sent to bed and you didn’t. Nothing spells growing up quite like an extended curfew.
5. And they too are lucky to have a cool adult to confide in – you.
Not as strict as mom, not as silly as their BFF. Just someone who doesn’t judge, but gives the best advice.
6. And yet, you love to pamper them with your money sometimes!
“Here! I’ll sponsor your trip. Stop whining already!”
7. Even though you generously give your old clothes to them, they STILL keep looking for more in your closet
Like looking for hidden treasures…
8. But they’ll always be your personal, attentive audience at home
Always being on Team You, adoring and agreeing to everything you say!
9. And you know they’re secretly jealous of you leading the way…
Because the first-born is always special!
10. AND also make them run for those odd jobs for you!
It’s a sweet, sweet barter system, after all.