If you are in search of an ingredient that would cater to all your beauty needs, then what can be better than lemons? All you need to do is to squeeze out some fresh lemon juice and use it on the affected area to get smooth, supple and flawless skin.
Lemons are easily available and this citric fruit is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Phosphorus and Carbohydrates. The fruit acids are good for skin and are very productive in enhancing your beauty.
Lemon juice is naturally rich with fruity acids and natural sugars. Lemon juice contains a number of beneficial nutrients, which helps to improve the health of the skin and body. It can be used internally for many health benefits and used externally for many skin care products. Lemon is fantastic for the skin. The natural acids of lemon gently remove dead skin cells and lighten age spots, unwanted freckles and clears facial discolorations. The acidity content absorbs the oiliness and cleans the pores without stripping the skin of its natural oil balance.
10 Tips To Get Benefits Of Lemon ::
#1.Balance Your Body’s pH :
According to the Ayurveda philosophy, we should always start our day by aligning our body with nature’s rhythms. This includes restoring the pH balance in our bodies which often becomes acidic due to the stresses of modern life: junk food, pollution, lack of exercise and other toxins. It is important to keep the body slightly alkaline to prevent illnesses and chronic diseases like as cancer. Although lemons are indeed acidic, the nutrient content found in lemons is alkaline-forming. Lemons are one of the most alkaline forming foods around, which is why they are great for alleviating a number of health problems. Kick-start your day with a morning ritual of drinking a cup of lukewarm water with half a lemon squeezed in.
#2.Use Lemon juice to heal acne:
Squeeze some fresh lemon juice extract and dilute it with some water. Apply it on the affected area with the help of a cotton pad. You can leave it for about fifteen minutes and then wash off with clean cold water. Regular usage of lemon juice helps in healing acne. Apart from this one could also have a glass of lemon water daily to clean their system internally and thus attain a glowing acne-free skin. Take a glass of lukewarm water and add 3 tbsp on lemon juice in it. You can also add honey to this mixture, just to make it a lil yummy.
#3.Lose Weight Faster:
If you’re on a diet, lemons can be your best ally. Several Hollywood starlets swear by the Lemonade Diet when they need to lose weight fast. Lemons aid with weight loss in several ways:
- Pectin, a type of soluble fiber found in lemons, can help you feel fuller and eat less. Drinking a cup of hot tea with half a lemon squeezed in before meals is a great way to prevent the overeating.
- Pectin also works double duty to slow the rate of glucose or sugar absorption in the body, thus preventing blood sugar spikes that are common to Type 2 Diabetes.
- As an added bonus, lemon juice also happens to be a natural diuretic! This means it helps the body flush out excess water weight through increased urination. Less water weight means less bloating and puffiness, so you look slimmer and fit into your jeans better.
- If you want to quickly shed some pounds before a big event, use this technique: In the mornings, you can make a diet lemonade drink by mixing about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper and 2 teaspoons of honey in a large glass of water. For the remainder of the day, fill a large water bottle (about 500mL) with a mixture of purified water and the juice of 2 to 3 freshly-squeezed lemons. Carry the bottle with you wherever you go and take frequent sips throughout the day. You’ll feel fuller throughout the day, experience less cravings, and gently flush out extra water weight accumulating around your midsection. Just be prepared for frequent trips to the bathroom!
#4.Use Lemon Juice for skin whitening:
As mentioned earlier, lemon contains citrus acid in it which acts as a natural bleaching component. The bleaching properties in it helps to brighten the color of your skin. Ass 2 tbsp of lemon juice to 3 tbsp of water, mix it well and apply it on the entire face and neck. Leave it on for 30 mins and wash it off with col water. Repeat this procedure daily to attain greater results within a short span of time. If you want t,o you can even add a tbsp honey to this mixture, this will help in decreasing any kind of skin irritation.
#5.Improve Your Oral Care:
Whether you suffer from bad breath or canker sores, lemons can alleviate a host of oral health problems. Got a toothache? Applying fresh lemon juice to the area can eliminate the pain. Can’t stop your gums from bleeding? Massage freshly squeezed lemon juice into your gums to stop bleeding and keep bacteria that causes gum disease at bay.
#6.Lemons for removing blackheads:
Direct application of fresh lemon juice extract on blackheads helps in removing them effectively. The citric component in the lemon helps in reducing the blackhead-causing oils in your skin.
#7.Exfoliate Your Skin:
The vitamin C found in lemons is not only good for your health, it’s great for your skin. Vitamin C is a key ingredient in many skincare products because it neutralizes free radicals and stimulates cell renewal by exfoliating your skin. Try slicing a lemon in half and using it as a facial scrub at least once a week. This removes stubborn dirt and dead skin cells that build up on the surface of your skin and reveals a fresher layer of skin underneath. Your face will look healthier and younger, and the best part is, you used something fresh from Mother Nature!
#8.Lemons for fasteners:
Take fresh lemon juice in a basin and drop your finger fasteners in it. Stay like that for about fifteen minutes and allow the minerals to be soaked by your fasteners. Do it frequently before you go to bed. This helps in increasing the growth of protein and keratin in the fasteners and makes them wholesome and stronger.
#9.Get Rid of Dandruff:
If you want a simple do-it-yourself treatment for dandruff, you can combine lemon juice with other natural ingredients like coconut oil to make a hair mask that heals and moisturizes your dry scalp, leaving you dandruff-free. Just don’t overdo this treatment because lemon juice also has the ability to lighten your hair.
#10.Lemon juice Skincare Recipes:
- Almond Oil Anti-Wrinkle Mask- Add a spoon of honey to a tsp lemon juice extract. To this mixture add a few of drops of almond oil. Mix it well and apply it as a mask on the face and neck.
- Honey Mask for dry skin- Mix lemon juice extract, honey and olive oil in equal amounts and apply it on your skin to get rid of dryness and to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- Sugar scrub- Take the juice of half a lemon and add two spoons of sugar granules to it. Use it as a scrub to exfoliate your dull skin. The scrub is effective in attaining smoother skin and removing dark spots.
- Egg Mask for oily skin- Mix a spoon of lemon juice with egg white and grape juice extract. This pack helps in maing your skin soft and glowing.