Orange is a juicy fruit rich in essential vitamins and minerals which helps in overall growth and development. The scientific name of orange is Citrus sinensis and it is a basically a fruit of citrus groups. Orange is seasonal fruit and the tree belonged to tropical to semitropical category.
You can eat the fruit in whole or can intake the juice of orange. When you want to take orange juice make it fresh for your own as the packaged juice contain preservatives.
The color orange itself is vibrant and inspiring. We are encouraged to eat a rainbow assortment of fruit and vegetables. Orange can be an important part of that diet. It’s often said that “you are what you eat” and this is particularly true in the case of oranges. We can incorporate the goodness of oranges both in our diet as well as topical application on our skin. In fact, a lot of dermatologists wax eloquent about the benefits of oranges for the skin.
Here’S The 10 Tips ::
#1.Prevents Cough & Cold:
Orange is an excellent source of vitamin C as the other fruits of citrus groups. Vitamin C prevents builds resistance for other infectious disease like cough and cold etc. In 100 gms of orange there is approximately 53.2 mg of vitamin C. It is so important because vitamin C does synthesized in your body and it is not available in cooked food. Vitamin C is available in fresh fruits especially in citrus fruits like oranges.
#2.Prevents Kidney Diseases:
Drinking orange juice regularly prevents kidney diseases and reduces the risk of kidney stones.
Note: drink juice in moderate amounts. The high sugar content of fruit juices can cause tooth decay and the high acid content can wear away enamel if consumed in excess.
#3.Fights Against Cancer:
A compound called D-linonene, usually found in Oranges and other citrus fruits, fights against various cancers like colon cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, breast cancer etc. Vitamin C protects cells from damage against free radicals.
#4.Helps In Controlling Blood Pressure:
Potassium also helps you to control heart rate and reducing blood pressure while lowering the action of sodium in blood. Potassium also helps in cell building and body fluid generation. The other minerals that are present in little amount in orange are Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc and Manganese. The minerals available in Orange are very much essential for your body.
#5.Treatment of Dark Spots and Blemishes:
- Orange peels have a higher content of vitamin C than the fruit itself. Instead of throwing away the peels, you can dry them in the sun and grind them to prepare orange peel powder. This can be used as a body scrub.
- You can mix the above scrub with milk and milk cream and apply it on your face. This will provide an instant glow to your face as well as reduce dark spots and blemishes on your skin.
#6. Provides Smart Carbs:
Oranges like all fruits have simple sugars in them, but the orange has a glycemic index of 40. Anything under 55 is considered low. This means as long as you don’t eat a lot of oranges at one time, they won’t spike your blood sugar and cause problems with insulin or weight gain.
#7.Build Immune System Of Your Body:
Orange is rich in flavonoids like alpha-carotenes, beta-carotenes, beta-cryptoxanthin, zea-xanthin and lutein. These antioxidants basically remove free radicals from your body and modulate your body immune system.
#8.Treatment of Acne:
- Excess dirt, soot or bacteria block your skin pores, resulting in the occurrence of pimples.
- Oranges have a high content of citric acid which is effective in drying away acne. Orange peels contain a high amount of dietary fibre which regulates bowel movements, thus eliminating harmful wastes and toxins from the body. This will prevent acne breakouts by getting rid of toxins.
- You can prepare a face mask by grinding orange peels to make a paste and apply it all over your face. This will not only keep acne at bay but also combat skin oiliness. With regular usage, you can see visible reduction in pimples and its marks.
#9. Oranges Alkalize the Body:
Although oranges are acidic before you digest them, they contain many alkaline minerals that help to balance out the body after they are digested. In this respect, they are similar to lemons which are one of the most alkaline foods available.
- Orange peel mask is quite effective in extracting blackheads out of your skin.
- You can prepare this mask by mixing one part yogurt with orange peel powder to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your face, using gentle circular motions and wash off with warm water after 15 minutes.
- This is not only a natural and non-painful way of getting rid of blackheads but also unclogs excess oils and dirt clogged within skin pores.