We do a lot of things in our daily routines. But do you know we don’t know what half of these things we see, do or simply overlook are called? Take a look at 25 everyday things you never knew actually had names..
1. Petrichor: the way it smells outside after rain.
2. Purlicue: the space between the thumb and forefingers.
3. Wamble: stomach rumbling.
4. Aglet: the plastic coating on a shoelace.
5. Vagitus: the cry of a newborn baby.
6. Glabella: the space between your eyebrows.
7. Chanking: spat-out food.
8. Lunule: the white, crescent shaped part of the nail.
9. Peen: the side opposite the hammer’s striking side.
10. Tines: the prongs on a fork.
11. Souffle cup: a ketchup/condiment cup.
12. Natiform: something that resembles a butt.
13. Phosphenes: the lights you see when you close your eyes and press your hands to them.
14. Nurdle: a tiny dab of toothpaste.
15. Box tent: the table in the middle of a pizza box.
16. Cornicione: the outer part of the crust on a pizza.
17. Barm: the foam on a beer.
18. Rasceta: the lines on the inside of your wrist.
19. Overmorrow: the day after tomorrow.
20. Ferrule: the metal part at the end of a pencil.
21. Punt: the bottom of a wine bottle.
22. Keeper: the loop on a belt that keeps the end in place after it has passed through the buckle.
23. Minimus: your little toe or finger.
24. Zarf: the cardboard sleeve on a coffee cup.
25. Agraffe: the wired cage that holds the cork in a bottle of champagne.