Acne vulgaris (commonly called acne) is a skin condition caused when pores in your skin become clogged with dead skin cells and sebum (a natural oil your body secretes). When bacteria on your skin called Propionibacterium acnes get into your pores, it can cause infection, leading your pores to fill with pus. Acne causes blemishes like open comedones (blackheads), closed comedones (whiteheads), and pimples, as well as more severe blemishes such as pustules, cysts, and nodules. Waking up in the morning to find a nice big zit on your face is never fun, but fortunately, you can treat most mild cases of acne at home with good cleansing and natural remedies.
Types of Pimples:
Pimples are not only the red inflamed bumps that are visible on your skin. There are different types of pimples. Some of the pus filled pimples can be really painful and can persist for a long time. Knowing about the different types pimples will help you to treat them correctly.
- Whiteheads: White spots that usually occur on oily skin.
- Blackheads: This is caused when the material present inside the pores pushes out. The blackheads are not necessarily caused due to dirt, it can also happen due to bacteria and dead skin cells buildup.
- Pustules or Nodules: Sometimes the tissues around the clogged pores get infected causing inflammation. This inflamed portion is filled with pus and it is hard. These are nothing but nodules or pustules.
- Cysts: Deep pus filled pimples.
It is definitely easy to remove pimples by taking a few precautionary measures. There are many simple yet effective remedies which can help to get a flawless and healthy skin. Read on to discover these wonderful safe and natural remedies to flaunt a beautiful skin in no time.
Tips To Remove Pimple Overnight ::
Another quick way to get rid of pimples is the use of lemon juice, which is rich in vitamin C. Lemon juice helps pimples dry up faster. Be sure to use fresh lemon juice and not bottled juice, which has preservatives. There are a couple of ways to apply this remedy.
- Dip a clean cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and apply it to the pimples before going to bed.
- You can also mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and put it on the pimples overnight. In the morning, wash the skin well with lukewarm water. However, this particular remedy is not suitable for those with sensitive skin.
#2.Apply Calamine Lotion On Affected Area:
Cleansing must be done every day without fail before going to sleep or else your skin will not be able to breathe.
- Clean up your entire face or just the affected area with the help of an astringent.
- You need to apply calamine lotion over the affected part.
- After having a sound and peaceful sleep, wash your face in the morning.
- You will surely be happy and excited to see that your pimple has reduced from what it was the day before.
Mint can help remove pore-clogging oil. To help clear acne before it begins, mix 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh mint with two tablespoons each of plain yogurt and oatmeal (use a blender to pulverize the oatmeal to powder). Leave the concoction on your face for 10 minutes, then rinse off with water.
#4.Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil is excellent for treating acne and pimples. It has antibacterial properties that help fight the bacteria that cause these skin problems.
Plus, its soothing properties help reduce the redness and inflammation of pimples. It also helps dry out blackheads and whiteheads.
- Just dip a cotton ball in tea tree essential oil and dab it on the affected area. Rinse your face after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Another option is to mix a few drops of tea tree oil in 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Apply it on your pimples and blemishes, leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
Honey does a miraculous job in removing pimples.
- To see its magical effect, you need to apply some honey over your pimples.
- Allow it to dry on its own for nearly an hour.
- Then rinse it off with normal water.
- Say goodbye to zits with the magical effect of honey.
Honey being a natural anti-biotic, it kills the bacteria that cause pimples. It also has hydrating properties and keeps the skin healthy.
Aloe, known for its burn-relieving properties, can promote healing, fight infection, and even reduce scarring. Scrape the gel from an aloe plant out with a spoon, and apply to acne. You can also buy aloe gel from health-food stores—just make sure itâs pure aloe, with no added ingredients.
#7.Use Ice For Faster Relief:
Instant relief from pimples can be received from ice.
- First, take an ice cube and wrap it up in a soft and clean piece of cloth.
- Now, apply it all over your pimple and leave for few minutes.
- You can also take an aluminum foil and fold ice cubes in it. Make sure that the ice doesn’t fall out from the foil.
- Now put the foil packed ice cubes in a Ziploc bag.
- Check whether any air is trapped inside the zip lock pouch. Apply it directly on the pimples for faster relief and a soothing effect.
The toothpaste that you use every morning to clean your teeth also can be used to treat pimples quickly. It is most effective when used following the ice remedy. You must use white toothpaste; avoid using gel toothpaste.
- Apply some white toothpaste over the affected skin area before going to bed.
- In the morning, wash your face with water and you will see a significant improvement in the swelling.
If you wish, you can repeat the process in the daytime also. Just make sure the toothpaste remains on the pimples for at least half an hour.
Acidic foods like citrus fruit juice or vinegar can flush pores. Dab a little onto a cotton ball to help battle acne; gently swipe the cotton on the affected areas.
Garlic is an antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic and antioxidant agent that can help in the fast treatment of pimples. The sulfur in garlic also promotes quick healing of pimples.
- Cut a fresh garlic clove into two pieces.
- Rub the garlic on the pimples and leave it for five minutes before washing the skin with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the treatment several times a day.
Eating one raw garlic clove daily can also help purify your blood. But do not to eat too much raw garlic as it can upset the stomach.